How to Join a Zoom Webinar
- We recommend getting yourself set up early. If you haven’t used Zoom before, you’ll need to download the free Zoom software (or app, if you’re on a smartphone or tablet). It’s called “Zoom Client for Meetings.” It would be a good idea to download it in advance here. (You can find where to download the mobile apps here too – just scroll down a bit.) On your computer, find “Zoom.pkg” (or something similar, like “Zoom.exe”) in your downloads and double-click it to install the application.
- Click the join link on the calendar page for the event you would like to attend. You’ll be prompted to open (or download) Zoom. Depending on your browser, you may see a message asking if you’d like to allow the browser to open the link in Zoom – choose “allow” or “open.” Enter your name and your email address when prompted. We will go live at the time indicated for that specific event on our event calendar.
- If you experience difficulties with the link on the event page, you can also go here https://zoom.us/join and enter the meeting ID provided to you on our event calendar.
- Once there, if you are a bit early, just wait!
- Optional: once the live stream begins, you will see an icon toward the bottom that says “chat.” If you’d like to participate in the chat, click on the chat icon, and the chat box will appear on the right side of your screen. At the bottom of the chat box in blue, you’ll see To: “All Panelists.” The “panelists” are the leaders of the class or event you are attending. Click on “All Panelists” to bring up the menu and instead select “Everyone (in meeting)” to make your comments visible to everyone participating.
If you need additional help, please call or text 561-320-2060, and we can connect a volunteer to assist you.
To Join by Phone (Audio Only):
Dial 1 (312) 626-6799 or 1 (646) 558-8656
When you hear “Enter your meeting ID, followed by pound,” enter the meeting ID provided to you on the event page.