Thank you to everyone in our community who has volunteered so far. There are still many opportunities to help!
- New! (Update June 1, 2020). Volunteer to help deliver produce to families in need! Deliveries are made on Tuesdays. Contact Elinor Josephson for more information and to register.
- Help our Neighbors Prepare for Hurricane Season - Sunday, July 12 at 10:00 am. Mitzvah opportunity with JFS to deliver supplies to clients of JFS' Jacobson Family Food Pantry. Register at ralesjfs.org/hurricanedelivery by June 28.
- Save a Life. OneBlood will soon begin collecting plasma from people who have recovered from the coronavirus and have life-saving antibodies. If you meet the following criteria, your blood donation may be used for transfusions to people with life-threatening coronavirus infection in hopes of aiding their recovery:
- You must be eligible to donate blood
- You must have a prior diagnosis of COVID-19 documented by a laboratory test
- You must have fully recovered from COVID-19 with complete resolution of symptoms for at least 14 days before donating plasma for this purpose
- Have a negative result for COVID-19
- If you think that you are qualified and are willing to help, or if you have questions about being a COVID-19 convalescent plasma donor, please contact OneBlood at 1-888-9Donate (1-888-936-6283), and select option 9, or talk with your physician.
- Make Masks for Health Care Workers. In the past 10 days, our volunteers have made over 350 masks for Rachel Guran, Early Learning Center parent, the Director of Epidemiology and Infection Prevention at Memorial Healthcare System, and member of the Temple's Covid-19 Task Force! Contact Temple member, Lynda Frost if you can help! Here's the link to the sewing pattern. Please email Lynda with any questions or help picking up or dropping off fabric or masks.
- Support our Healthcare Heroes by Donating Meals! The meal train has come to an end, but we thank our congregation and community for helping bring 160 meal packages (feeding 8 people each) to our heroic health care workers at Boca Regional Hospital and 359 meal packages to West Boca Medical Center! Thank you to Trish Schaum who organized this heroic community-wide effort!
- Volunteer for our Chaverim Team. Reach out to fellow congregants who need help or just a little friendly conversation. Email Elinor Josephson to help or call or text her at 561-320-2060.
- Volunteer for our Technology Assistance Team. With social distancing in effect, we are all trying to stay connected virtually, but technology can be a challenge! Volunteer to help people learn how to use Zoom, Facebook Live, Facetime or many other ways to stay connected.
- Assist members with food or medicine pick-up and drop-off. Many of our members need help with these important chores. If you can volunteer to help, please email Elinor Josephson or call or text 561-320-2060.
- Donate to the Wayne Barton Center for the distribution of "no-contact" hot meals. Donate here or email the Wayne Barton Center.
- Donate to the Temple's Disaster Relief Fund. It's impossible to predict the outcome of this difficult time, but we anticipate that many of our most vulnerable members will need help. Please donate here so that we can support them in their time of need.
For any questions, email Elinor Josephson or call or text 561-320-2060.