The Giving Tree is a year-round program of community giving benefiting seniors and underprivileged children. Christmas dinners, complete with turkey, stuffing, vegetables and dessert, are provided to the families. As well, members from Temple Beth El and others play Santa Claus to hand deliver toys and gifts to Dixie Manor and Boca Island East residents. The Temple also serves Easter Dinner in partnership with the Wayne Barton Center and Boca Helping Hands. A new project of The Giving Tree is assisting youth who are aging out of the foster care system.
Here are just a few of the projects The Giving Tree has been involved with recently
1. Food Drive for a pantry at a very poor church in WPB.
2. We collected baby furniture, clothing and supplies for a mother of three that finally broke away from a dangerous domestic violence situation.
3. We found furniture for a young woman who just "aged out" of foster care.
4. We provided a single, working mother of three in West Boca, who is struggling to make ends meet, with a lovely big white dresser, changing table, stroller and clothing for her kids.
5. Took a beautiful sweet boy who has been shuffled around three counties in foster care shopping for clothing and shoes.
6. Took two other boys shopping, each individually, as the time spent with them showing love and kindness is way more valuable than the clothing and shoes we buy.
7. Picked up furniture in Lake Worth for a boy who is turning 18 and "aging out" of foster care.
8. We provide homemade birthday cakes to abused and neglected foster children at The Haven.
9. Michael's Body Scene on 18th Street has generously offered to sponsor a "Socks for Summer" drive at their gym. We will be collecting NEW socks of all sizes and styles for new born through adults.
10. We helped fund a continuing education trip for a young man who will benefit emotionally from this experience of a lifetime.
12. St. Andrews will be collecting fragrance free soaps and detergents for senior citizens.
13. We continue to develop our marketing material and web site to solicit corporate donations.
We would love to find a source for sneakers, socks and underwear. Bedding is another frequently requested item.
14. Support of The Youth Activity Center (YAC) in West Boca. The Giving Tree is providing each camper with a new T-shirt, cinch sac, sun screen and water bottle.
To donate items such as toys, clothing, personal items and food, or for more information, please contact Judy Gordon or Myra Singer at 561/391-8900 or email@example.com.